If you happen to drop by at your local newsagent’s these days you can’t help but notice the premier of Bond 23 – otherwise known as ‘Skyfall’ – is coming closer at rapid speed. Bond themed covers on everything, from Empire to Entertainment Weekly. One noteworthy title will be on sale from tomorrow, Wednesday 19th September. It’s SFX issue 227, the magazine that helped many a fan over the dry-spell of recent months with its ‘Bond 50’ countdown series of splendid and astute Bond film reviews. Now Bond is back on their cover, and with him a number of intriguing features that come with this title story:
- SKYFALL: Exclusive interviews with Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.
- HOW TO WRITE THE PERFECT BOND FILM: Writing exclusively for SFX, ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ and ‘Moonraker’ screenwriter Christopher Wood shares the secrets of his craft.
- DANNY KLEINMAN: Interview with the Bond title sequence designer, with rare pre-production art from his personal archive.
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO 007: A double-page illustrated map of James Bond’s globe-hopping adventures, from Jamaica to Vegas, Swizerland to Earth orbit.
- BOND POSTERS: Rare images from the Bond archives (tieing in with the new DK book).
- BOND QUIZ: No Bond-themed issue would be complete without this.
And ‘Skyfall’ and Bond are by far not the only interesting features of this issue. IPad-users will be able to download the issue from 19th onwards here. All others will have to take a walk to their nearest newsagent.