‘OO7’ Magazine #47 will ship to subscribers and select retailers starting the week of October 31. However, Bond fans in the UK who will be attending Autographica 2005 will be able to pick up the magazine early at the booth where Ursula Andress, the orginal Bond Girl, will be making her first ever convention appearance.
Because of this very special event, publisher Graham Rye has swapped out his planned Timothy Dalton cover for a beautiful cover image of Ms. Andress as Honey Rider in Dr. No. Ursula was also the big screen’s very first Vesper Lynd in the 1967 spoof version of Casino Royale; a pic of Ursula as Vesper is featured on the back cover.
This new issue will also feature exclusive photos from last Friday’s press conference announcing Daniel Craig as the new 007 in Casino Royale, and yes, that’s an orginal CBn article in there as well!
Here’s a first look at what’s inside the new issue.
‘OO7’ Magazine #47
- SERIES: The James Bond Girls Are Forever – Which Bond Girl do you rate as the best? Could it be a Seventies Bond babe? STEVE CASSIDY does the math.
- FEATURE: The Silver Beast – JOHN COX relates the definitive history of James Bond’s Saab 900 Turbo.
- PICTORIAL: THE BIG SHOT – And he strikes like… Ken Adam’s magnificent set for the briefing room in Thunderball.
- PICTORIAL: The Bond celebrities attending Autographica 2005 – the world’s largest autograph show.
- FEATURE: The Dossier on Robert Markham – HANK REINEKE opens the dusty dossier to uncover the story behind the writing of Colonel Sun the first James Bond continuation novel.
- OPINION: Casino Royale – the Post-Modern epic in spite of itself! – ROBERT VON DASSANOWSKY argues the case for a more serious appraisal of the multi-star vehicle that hit movie screens like a burst kaleidoscope in 1967, and which has baffled and bedazzled Bond fans ever since.
- STOP PRESS: Daniel Craig cast as the new James Bond in Casino Royale – MGM/Columbia Press Release featuring exclusive photographs from the press conference.
*‘OO7’ Magazine is no longer affiliated with The James Bond International Fan Club. The JBIFC will release the first issue of their new publication KISS KISS BANG BANG at the end of this month.