'OO7' Magazine #43
By johncox on 2004-08-11
Issue number 43 of ‘OO7’ Magazine, the official publication of the James Bond International Fan Club, has just been released to club members and select retailers. CBn gives you a first look at what’s inside this latest issue.
- COLLECTING: Graham Rye examines the latest additions to the long line of impressive James Bond paperback cover art.
- INTERVIEW: “I said: Cubby, he’s fabulous” – ‘OO7’ Magazine’s tribute to Mrs. Dana Broccoli – 1922-2004.
- REPORT: “No Deals, Mr. Brosnan” – Greg Bechtloff charts the trials and tribulations of Pierce Brosnan’s recent travils to retain his well earned license to kill (including rare pics of Pierce as Bond in 1986).
- MUSIC: “From Lukas, With Love” (Part 1) – Lukas Kendall provides ‘OO7’ Magazine readers with a crash course in soundtrack restorations and recounts his recent project: the must own EMI James Bond soundtrack re-releases.
- OPINION: “James Bond and the Oedipus Complex” – In its 40th anniversary year, Hollywood screenwriter John Cox puts the film Goldfinger in the psychiatrists chair.*
- HISTORY: “Adventures in The Fan Trade” – Graham Rye takes a personal look through a quarter century of ‘OO7’ Magazine & the James Bond International Fan Club to show that still – NOBODY DOES IT BETTER
*“James Bond and the Oedipus Complex” first appeared right here on CommanderBond.net, and marks the first publication of a CBn article in this, the longest running and most prestigious James Bond fanzine.
‘OO7’ Magazine is published quarterly and sent free to members of the JBIFC. For details on how to become a member of the JBIFC, visit their website.
For CBn’s complete bibliography of ‘OO7’ Magazine see: 25 Years of ‘OO7’