Quantum of Solace Game Walkthrough (PS2) – Casino Royale (9)
Stuck on a level? Not sure where to go next? Use this CommanderBond.net walkthough as your guide to Activision’s debut James Bond 007 game, Quantum of Solace.
This Quantum of Solace: The Game walkthrough is applicable for the Playstation 2 platform.
NOTE: To access the CommanderBond.net walkthrough for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii and Windows PC platforms, click here.
Quantum of Solace: The Game (PS2)
Mission 9: Casino Royale
Walkthrough by: CBn Forum member Jaws0178
Quantum of Solace
Welcome to Casino Royale, Montenegro. After a couple of cut scenes that set up the level, you find yourself in control, once again, of James Bond. The important part of this level is that it is a stealth mission. If you want to survive, stay down.
1. First off, as soon as the elevator doors, crouch down, move forward, and take down the man standing guard in front of you. You can subdue him, or straight kill him, however, if you do subdue, do it relatively quickly, or you will be noticed. Once you have taken him out, get his weapon. It is an LTK Super Magnum(SD), which is a powerful weapon. Next, go into the first door. Quickly take out the guard standing in front of the plasma screen with a head shot and find some cover. Now, a second tango will be coming in through the door on the right. Try to take him out quietly. If you can not, three other tangos will come after. One of them will come out of the door at the back of the room. The one that comes out from the other door will drop an SAF45 (SD). Once you have taken them out, and gathered their weapons, go out of the room, and turn right toward the balcony that the tango was guarding.
2. Once you have gotten to the balcony, save your game, and turn to face the building. Press X to jump and grab the ledge on the roof. Shimmy across the ledge and drop off on the other balcony. Subdue the enemy that is guarding the doorway, and sneak into the door. Take out the two tangos that are in the room. One is in the bedroom (you can see him when you are shimmying across to the other balcony). The other one is standing in the bathroom which is on the right side of the room to the left of the privacy screen. A third will come through the main door after the one in the bathroom has been dealt with (just a friendly tip, it is possible to subdue the tango in the bathroom even though he is looking in the mirror). As soon as you walk through the door, press Triangle, and you will subdue him. When you leave the bathroom, the third tango will be patrolling in the main room. I would suggest using the bathroom door as cover, and shooting him from there. Once he has been taken care of, gather their weapons, and go out through the main door.
Quantum of Solace
3. Now, there are four tangos in this area, two to your left, and two to your right. One of the ones on your right has a key card that will get you access to the next section. The order in which you take them out is entirely yours. Be aware that there is a fire extinguisher on the left that could help you in taking the two over there out if you decide to get them first. The one wearing a white shirt on the left side is carrying a CR1911. The one carrying the key card is wearing a black tux, whereas the other one is in grey. Once you are in the locker room, you are going to press the X button to kick the laundry hamper to the vent in the ceiling. After that press the triangle button.
4. Now, this next section will have you fighting Obanno’s men in a room full of chandeliers, pillars, and towel containers. Keep shooting the tangos until you get a cutscene of one of them busting out of a door. Once that happens, shoot him, and run out of the door. You will find it on the left side at the very back. Go around, and vault over the towel container.
5. Once you have run through the next door, you will find yourself outside. There will be a tango walking back and forth on the balcony. He is carrying a V-TAK 31 (SD) which is a sniper rifle. Take cover and use the machine gun to take out the tango on the other balcony. Once he has been dealt with, two other tangos will appear on the roof of the other building. Use your newly acquired rifle to take them out. Remember to make sure you have cover. Once they are gone, vault over the right side of the balcony and run around the edge of the building to the next balcony. Once there, vault across it to get to where the tangos you took out earlier were stationed, and quickly grab some cover. There are two tangos on the roof of the building you were originally on. Take them out using the rifle, making sure to reload it if you need to, and if you choose to, run back to get their ammo. If not, continue on to the next balcony where there is an open door. Go into this door, and sneak to the door on the right. There are two tangos in here talking about the poker game. Take them out, gather their weapons, and sneak out the main door.
Quantum of Solace
6. There are two tangos in this first area, one of them is standing next to a luggage cart, and the other is a little further back. Use the door that you came out of as cover, and take them out. Head for the opening on the left, and get ready for five tangos using tables as cover. Take them out, gather the ammo left behind, and go to the alcove on the right hand side. There is a door there, go through this door.
7. Move through this hallway. At the end of it, you will hear Obanno yelling at Le Chiffre, and Tanner informing you that you are close. Go to the big green dot on your map to get a cutscene and the beginning of a button battle.
8. Now, as with the other button battles, I can not help you, but to say pay close attention and also when it comes to multiple tapping part, be quick. You may have to place your controller on a flat surface. Once you have finished the button battle, you are done. Congratulations and on to the Barge.
Quantum of Solace is currently available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS and Windows PC platforms in the UK and US. Click here to order.
Keep your eyes on the CommanderBond.net main page for the most up-to-date coverage of Activision’s Quantum of Solace.