A series of Best Buy listings for Activision’s Quantum of Solace have confirmed the release date of the latest James Bond video game as 4 November 2008.
The listing also features the game’s official synopsis, which contains a few new nuggets of information…
Enter the world of international espionage with that most famous of agents: James Bond. Based on the Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace films, this hard-hitting game delivers all the intense action and suspense you expect from the Bond franchise. Join 007 for dangerous and deadly intrigue across far-flung locations as you experience high-octane action that leaves you both shaken and stirred.
Combining the intensity of 1st-person shooters with 3rd-person cover combat, Quantum of Solace puts you in control of the fiendishly clever mind of James Bond. Use of all of Bond’s deadly skills, including punishing maneuvers, expert marksmanship, tactical skills and stealth, to overcome dangerous and deadly foes. An advanced artificial intelligence makes adversaries react in intelligent ways, so you have to stay sharp and alert. Take on thrilling missions in exotic lands and interact with characters from both Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. Smile at danger as only Bond can, and neutralize enemies with the cool efficiency of a “00” operative.
- Step into the shoes of James Bond as you embark on an adventure in international espionage and intrigue
- Based on events and characters in the Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace films
- Put your best Bond skills to the test, including tactical combat, precision shooting, crushing takedowns and deadly stealth
- Battle clever enemies thanks to advanced AI systems that allow enemies to react to you in intelligent ways
- Experience all the exotic locations and glamorous characters that round out the world of 007
- Go online in multiplayer modes for up to 12 players that include unique Bond modes
Quantum of Solace is being developed by Eurocom, Treyarch, Beenox and Vicarious Visions and will be released on next-generation consoles, Windows PC and hand-held platforms.
Keep watching CommanderBond.net for all the latest James Bond gaming news.