Stuck on a level? Not sure where to go next? Use this CommanderBond.net walkthough as your guide to Activision’s debut James Bond 007 game, Quantum of Solace.
This Quantum of Solace: The Game walkthrough is applicable for the Playstation 2 platform.
NOTE: To access the CommanderBond.net walkthrough for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii and Windows PC platforms, click here.
Quantum of Solace: The Game (PS2)
Mission 6: Shanty Town
Walkthrough by: CBn Forum member Jaws0178
Quantum of Solace
1. Okay, the first thing you are going to do is run to the door you see Mollaka go through during the cutscene. If you need help with it, it is ahead of you, and to your right. Once there, bust through the door using the X button, and run up the stairs. Once you get upstairs, turn left outside and descend the stairs there. Make a U-turn to see Mollaka knocking down three boxes to block your way. Vault over these boxes using the Triangle button, and be ready for the first two tangos. Use the building to your left as cover, and you will see both tangos. One is behind a set of boxes, and the other is in the open space of the building behind the fence. Make sure to grab the gun from the first tango. It is an AK-47. You can not get the other gun from the second one. Open the door that is to your left, or on the building that you used for cover. Climb the steps, and crouch down. There are a total of three tangos here. The first two are on the balconies to the right as soon as you come out of the door. You can get the third one by moving around the box, and you will see him on the ramp that you need to get to next. Mollaka is also there, but you can not shoot him, or it’s Mission Failure. You will be able to recognize Mollaka by his orange backpack. Once the three tangos have been dispatched, grab the third one’s gun (a LTK Super Magnum). Then run through the door and down the steps.
2. Here you can either jump through the window or go through the door. Either way, you will be treated to a cutscene. Once you have control of Bond again, go into cover because the first tango you meet has a Hutchinson A4 shotgun. The second one has an AK-47. Make sure to grab the Hutchinson and the AK if you didn’t get the first one. Another tango can be found by the door that you are going to go through. There is also a fourth tango across the way behind a chain link fence. Take the third one out, and the fourth one if you so desire. Once they are gone, go through the door, and you can either vault through the window or take the long way around through the door—your choice. Either way, you will end up at another door. Kick this door using the X button, and turn right to go down the stairs. Once you have control again, go straight across to the window. Again, same choice. Go through the opening to hear music and run up to the door.
Quantum of Solace
3. Kick this door open to wind up at an alleyway with two fences. There is an opening to your right. You can take it if you want, but personally I would not recommend it. Now there are four tangos in this area. The first two are in the other section across from where you start, and the third appears after you have gotten to the other side, and the fourth is waiting at a low wall with a hubcap on it. Once these four have been dealt with, do not run straight to the locked gate to the left of the aforementioned wall. There is an additional tango on the roof of the building past the gate. Use a building for cover, and take him out, but do it quickly. Once this is done, it is safe to proceed. Either shoot the lock, or bust through the gate, and run straight across to the building where the tango was on the roof.
4. Turn left before the place where the boxes explode, and you will see a little alley way. Run through here, and be careful. There is a tango in the shanty on your right. Take him out and bust out the wall using the X button. Also, there is a locked gate behind the shanty that you can go through. Either way, you will wind up at a wooden wall. There are two tangos here. Mollaka is also here. Remember, do not shoot Mollaka. You will be able to recognize Mollaka by his orange backpack. The first tango is above the action on a beam. The second one is behind a box. Be warned that if you do not deal with this one quickly, he will throw a grenade at you. Once they are dealt with, open the door beside where the second tango was and get ready. There is a tango in this building as well. Once he is gone, run through to the next door.
5. Okay, this is basically the last area. Once you are through the door, turn left and down the stairs. Go to the shanty directly ahead of you and you will see a tango in the one across from you. Take him out and and either run across to the other Shanty, and take out the second tango, then equip your LTK Super. There is a tango on the roof across the way. Take him out. Now, you will find that there are six tangos in this section. The first four need to be taken out (the three I described and there is a fourth across the way guarding the stairs that you will be going up. The other two are really, just annoyance that can be ignored. They will shoot at you, but, unless you dilly-dally, or have low health from the first four, they should not be a problem for you. Climb the aforementioned stairs, and go through the door. You will find a tango behind the boxes with a basket of fruit on top of it. Take him out, and go through the door on the left. Quickly take out the tango on the roof at the other end, bust through the door, and you’re done. On to the Construction Site.
Quantum of Solace is currently available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS and Windows PC platforms in the UK and US. Click here to order.
Keep your eyes on the CommanderBond.net main page for the most up-to-date coverage of Activision’s Quantum of Solace.