Variety reports with details on the international box office totals for Casino Royale, where it has broken a few records…
Casino Royale made its way into the top three all time biggest UK weekend openings (as well as marking the biggest ever UK opening for a James Bond film) with $25.6 million (about £13.49 million).
The newest James Bond film also set a record in India where it earned $3.2 million at 427 playdates, beating Spider-Man 2‘s opening by 87% for biggest debut of a non-Indian film.
Other box office totals include: Russia with $3.8 million (eighth largest opening for a non-Russian film), Greece with $1.34 million, Thailand with $1.1 million, Taiwan with $1 million, Singapore with $900,000, Malaysia with $800,000, Poland with $735,000 and the United Arab Emirates with $635,000.
Box Office Mojo reports that the worldwide total for Casino Royale is: $84,241,042 (as of 19 November).
Casino Royale – Box Office Details
- UK Opening Day: £1.7 million
- UK Opening Weekend: £13.49 million
- US Opening Day: $14.7 million
- US Opening Weekend: $40.8 million
- Greece Opening Weekend: $1.34 million
- Poland Opening Weekend: $735,000
- Russia Opening Weekend: $3.8 million
- India Opening Weekend: $3.2 million
- Malaysia Opening Weekend: $800,000
- Singapore Opening Weekend: $900,000
- Taiwan Opening Weekend: $1 million
- Thailand Opening Weekend: $1.1 million
- United Arab Emirates Opening Weekend: $635,000
- Worldwide: $84.2 million (as of 19 Nov.)
Stay tuned to CBn for all the latest Casino Royale coverage.