Daniel Craig as James Bond features as Empire's 'Icon of the Decade'
By Devin Zydel on 2009-10-30
Daniel Craig is James Bond
The forthcoming December issue of movie magazine Empire will be published with 10 different covers featuring the 10 most popular movie icons that have defined the decade.
The choices of which stars would be featured resulted from an Empire Online poll and Daniel Craig as James Bond has made the cut as one of the top ten.
The full listing of ‘icons’ are as follows:
- Aragorn – A few of the reasons Viggo made the perfect Aragorn – by Ian Nathan
- James Bond – How Daniel Craig marked the arrival of a new kind of 007 – by Damon Wise
- Jason Bourne – The genius of a new kind of action hero – by Ian Nathan
- The Bride – Uma Thurman on forging the decade’s female icon – by Will Lawrence
- The Joker – Villain of the decade: from playing card to Oscar glory – by Dan Jolin
- Maximus – Why making Gladiator proved an epic nightmare – by Martyn Palmer
- Harry Potter – Ten years of the boy wizard. Ten years of Daniel Radcliffe – by Olly Richards
- Shaun – Try hard with a vengeance: the rise of Shaun – by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright
- Wolverine – The growth of the grumpiest of comic-book heroes – by Helen O’Hara
- Jack Sparrow – Pirates co-writer Terry Rossio’s five reasons why Captain Jack rocks – by Helen O’Hara
To view the 10 different covers, click here to visit the Empire Magazine website.
As always, stay tuned to the CommanderBond.net main page for all the latest news from the world of James Bond 007.