Welcome back to The Blades Library Book Club – the place for quality discussions of the books of James Bond!
Raymond Benson’s Doubleshot
Every two months a James Bond 007 novel is chosen for the club members to read. A thread is posted in the club forums listing locations on where you can find the novel. Discussions about the book will go on as the book is read and when it is finished. Another thread will be created so that club members can post their review and give a rating on the current book.
All fans of the Literary Bond are eligible for membership. All you need to do to sign up is register on the CBn Forums (it’s free and only takes a minute) and then post your name in the sign up thread.
The Book Club’s 33rd Book
We are progressing though the James Bond 007 novels in chronological order, since quite a number of members are using the club as an opportunity to read the books for the very first time.
After moving through the Bond novels by Ian Fleming, Kingsley Amis and John Gardner, the club most recently embarked upon the Raymond Benson Bond era and now continues with his fourth novel: 2000’s Doubleshot.
Obtaining The Book
Ordering online should be fairly easy. Doubleshot can be ordered online (although in used condition) from the following sources:
Discuss other places to buy Doubleshot or where you got your copy in this thread.
Discuss The Book While Reading
Want to talk about the book while reading it? Post a new thread in The Blades Library.
Review And Rate The Book
After you have finished reading Doubleshot, you can discuss it with other club members in The Blades Library, and give the book your personal rating out of five in this thread.
If you have any questions or suggestions just post them in a new thread. Happy reading.
*New* Archive Of All Past Read Books
Additionally, club members can review or comment on any of the past read books in the club any time they want. Click here for the full archive of the past read books in the club.
Previous Books Read
- High Time To Kill: April 2009 – May 2009
- The Facts of Death: February 2009 – March 2009
- Zero Minus Ten: December 2008 – January 2009
- COLD: October 2008 – November 2008
- SeaFire: August 2008 – September 2008
- Never Send Flowers: June 2008 – July 2008
- Death Is Forever: April 2008 – May 2008
- The Man From Barbarossa: February 2008 – March 2008
- Brokenclaw: December 2007 – January 2008
- Win, Lose Or Die: October 2007 – November 2007
- Scorpius: August 2007 – September 2007
- No Deals, Mr. Bond: June 2007 – July 2007
- Nobody Lives Forever: April 2007 – May 2007
- Role Of Honour: February 2007 – March 2007
- Icebreaker: December 2006 – January 2007
- For Special Services: October 2006 – November 2006
- Licence Renewed: August 2006 – September 2006
- Colonel Sun: June 2006 – July 2006
- Octopussy & The Living Daylights: April 2006 – May 2006
- The Man With The Golden Gun: February 2006 – March 2006
- You Only Live Twice: December 2005 – January 2006
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service: October 2005 – November 2005
- The Spy Who Loved Me: August 2005 – September 2005
- Thunderball: June 2005 – July 2005
- For Your Eyes Only: April 2005 – May 2005
- Goldfinger: February 2005 – March 2005
- Doctor No: December 2004 – January 2005
- From Russia, With Love: September 2004 – November 2004
- Diamonds Are Forever: July 2004 – August 2004
- Moonraker: May 2004 – June 2004
- Live and Let Die: May 2003 – June 2003
- Casino Royale: March 2003 – April 2003