'Quantum of Solace' – Nintendo Wii Details
By Devin Zydel on 2008-08-23
More and more details surrounding the upcoming release of Activision’s Quantum of Solace are being released.
WorthPlaying carries a listing of key features in the James Bond game, including those that will be exclusive to the Nintendo Wii platform.
Quantum of Solace – Key Features
- Quantum of Solace: The Game marks the first time players can become the dangerous and cunning Bond as portrayed by Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace and Casino Royale.
- From silent take downs and sneaking through confined spaces, to one-on-one shoot outs and large scale battles, players experience a variety of gameplay that challenges them to think through situations and choose how they progress, whether it’s through covert means or confronting enemies in full force.
- Players engage in both first-person and third-person gameplay that allows gamers to be Bond in unscripted battles against the world’s most evil villains and mercenaries.
- Filled with armed combat, massive explosions and vertigo-inducing chases, gamers are immersed in an authentic Bond universe and drawn into epic movie moments with theatrical camera angles, split screen effects, picture-in-picture sequences, and amazing environments inspired by real world locations such as Montenegro, Venice, Bolivia and Austria.
- Bringing James Bond to next-gen consoles for the first time, gamers now have the ability to battle online in a variety of modes.
Quantum of Solace – Wii-Specific Features
- Paying special attention towards making the game one of the most graphically stunning titles on the Wii, Quantum of Solace: The Game is filled with armed combat, massive explosions and vertigo-inducing chases. Gamers are further drawn into epic movie moments with theatrical camera angles, split screen effects, picture-in-picture sequences, and visually stunning real world locations such as Montenegro, Venice, Bolivia and Austria.
- Players fully immerse themselves into the Bond universe utilizing controls designed specifically for the Wii. Players may choose to use the unique Wii Remote and Nunchuk control scheme to seamlessly target and engage their enemies or they can leverage the Wii Zapper to truly step into the shoes of James Bond.
- Bringing James Bond to the Wii for the first time, gamers now have the ability to battle their friends in online multiplayer battle. Players can also engage with up to four players in split screen local multiplayer games, a mode that is exclusive to the Wii platform.
Stay tuned to the CommanderBond.net main page for the most complete and up-to-date coverage of Activision’s Quantum of Solace.
Quantum of Solace will be released on 31 October in the UK and 4 November in the US on the following formats: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS and Windows PC.