An upcoming concert by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra will have a licence to thril.
On 29 and 30 March 2008, the MSO will be playing an array of different musical selections from the James Bond films from 1962’s Dr. No through 2006’s Casino Royale.
The orchestra will be under the direction of composer and conductor Carl Davis while soprano Mary Carewe will provide vocals.
The full repertoire follows:
- Dr No: The James Bond Theme
- From Russia with Love
- Goldfinger: Goldfinger
- Goldfinger: Dawn Raid at Fort Knox
- Casino Royale: The Look of Love
- You Only Live Twice
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service: We Have All The Time In The World
- Diamonds Are Forever
- Live and Let Die
- The Spy Who Loved Me: The Voyage to Atlantis
- The Spy Who Loved Me: Nobody Does It Better
- For Your Eyes Only
- The Man with the Golden Gun
- The Living Daylights
- Licence To Kill
- GoldenEye: GoldenEye
- GoldenEye: A Pleasant Ride in St Petersburg (Tank Chase)
- The World is Not Enough
- Casino Royale: You Know My Name
- The James Bond Theme: Reprise
- Tomorrow Never Dies: Surrender
The MSO Pops Symphonic James Bond will take place at 7:00pm on Saturday, 29 March and 2:00pm on Sunday, 30 March. The event will take place at the Arts Centre, Hamer Hall in Melbourne, Australia.
Tickets range in price from $24 to $96. To purchase tickets or more details on the event, visit the official website.
Keep watching CommanderBond.net for all the latest on James Bond events happening around the world.