In an exclusive interview posted at Double O Section, Stina Persson discusses how she came to create the retro paperback cover of The Moneypenny Diaries: Secret Servant and what is next in the series.
As Moneypenny and James Bond readers already know, the hardbacks of the first two novels in the trilogy (and the Guardian Angel paperback as well) featured a very simple cover design in comparison to the Secret Servant paperback (pictured right).
When asked about the process of creating the cover with designer Madeline Meckiffe, Persson said: ‘My first brief said that they looked for an illustration of a glam woman. And wanted me to capture classy 60s mood but also feel fresh and modern. Later I made sketches, and from then on I worked with Madeline Meckliffe, which was enjoyable. She wanted my ink style and the colors of her dress to be what stood out. Later it ended up being background and beaded necklace that were in color. I am doing the second cover this fall too, by the way.’
As reported on CBn last week, Persson will also be creating the cover artwork for the final Moneypenny Diaries novel: Final Fling, which is due out in May 2008.
Author Samantha Weinberg commented on the interview, saying: ‘I think she’s done a wonderful job, and I hope we persuade John Murray to re-jacket the first book before the centenary.’
Visit Double O Section for the entire interview.
Stay tuned to CBn for all the latest Moneypenny Diaries news.
- Pre-order the UK hardback edition of The Moneypenny Diaries: Final Fling
- Order the UK hardback edition of The Moneypenny Diaries: Secret Servant
- Order the UK paperback edition of The Moneypenny Diaries: Secret Servant
- Order the UK hardback edition of The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel
- Order the UK paperback edition of The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel