007 Magazine OnLine today reports on MGM Home Entertainment’s announcement of a brand new DVD edition of that James Bond oddity, 1967’s Casino Royale.
“Casino Royale: The 40th Anniversary Edition” will be released on Region 1 DVD on 6 November. In addition to a 2.35 anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 and Mono audio tracks, the DVD will include a whole host of special features:
- Audio commentary with 007 historians Steven Jay Reuben and John Cork “The Making Of Casino Royale” featurette
- “Bond James Bond” featurette
- “A 3 Ring Circus” featurette
- “More Directors, More Stars” featurette
- “The Big Climax” featurette
- “It’s a Wrap!” featurette
007 Magazine OnLine notes that the current DVD release of Casino Royale includes an interview with co-director Val Guest, the theatrical trailer and the original 1954 CBS television production starring Barry Nelson. There is no word yet on whether these extras will be present on the 40th anniversary release.
The disc will retail for $19.98. However, you can pre-order it now for $13.99 at Amazon.com.
CBn will bring you news on the cover art and release dates for the rest of the world, as they come to hand.
Stay tuned to CBn for all the latest James Bond news.