The Young Bond Dossier reports that Young Bond author Charlie Higson has commented on the story that Sebastian Faulks is the new author of the centenary novel, Devil May Care.
‘I think Sebastian probably doesn’t know what he has let himself in for,’ Higson said to The Guardian. ‘He will find himself completely immersed in the world of Bond and for ever after will be pursued as a Bond author.’
‘He will now find himself getting requests to do photo shoots wearing the odd tuxedo, and I imagine he’ll say no, but after a while you sort of give in. That’s the thing about James Bond. It just turns everyone into kids.’
Devil May Care is due for release on 28 May 2008. It will be published by Penguin Books in the UK and Doubleday in the US.
Keep watching CBn for all the latest news and details on Devil May Care, the Ian Fleming centenary novel by Sebastian Faulks.
- Penguin Planning A Celebration Of 007 In 2008
- Sebastian Faulks To Continue James Bond Where Ian Fleming Left Off
- James Bond To Return In ‘Devil May Care’ By Sebastian Faulks
- Why Lee Child Turned Down The Centenary Novel
- Ken Follett Off The Cards For Centenary Novel
- Well-Known Writer Selected For Centenary Novel
- Higson Comments on Adult Bond Novel
- New Adult James Bond Novel Coming in 2008