The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Daniel Craig has dropped out of the 2008 drama Blindness, to be directed by Fernando Meirelles and co-starring Julianne Moore.
The film, based on the novel of the same name by Jose Saramago, tells the tale of an epidemic of blindness in an unnamed European city.
Meirelles is currently meeting with actors to take on the lead role of a doctor who is the only man who can see in a village where everyone else is suddenly struck blind. Craig was in talks for the role, but dropped out likely as a result of his many other current and upcoming projects, which include The Golden Compass, I, Lucifer, Defiance, Flashbacks Of A Fool and his return as 007 in Bond 22.
Keep watching CBn for all the latest James Bond news.
- Daniel Craig Attends ‘The Golden Compass’ Press Conference At Cannes
- Daniel Craig To Star In ‘Flashbacks Of A Fool’
- ‘Defiance’ Is Next Project For Daniel Craig
- Daniel Craig’s New Haircut For ‘I, Lucifer’
- First Look At ‘The Golden Compass’ Featuring Daniel Craig And Eva Green
- Daniel Craig Discusses The Importance Of Non-Bond Roles