James Bond In The 21st Century: Why We Still Need 007 is now shipping in the UK and can be ordered from amazon.co.uk. According to some CBn members, it is also available in several UK bookstores.
James Bond In The 21st Century: Why We Still Need 007 was released in the US in late August and can be ordered from amazon.com.
JAMES BOND IN THE 21ST CENTURY –
WHY WE STILL NEED 007
The man needs no introduction. He’s Bond. James Bond. Women want him, and men want to be him. Living life in the fast lane, he’s licensed to kill and ready to thrill. James Bond is a ruthless agent who has convinced the world that not only is he the ultimate spy, but he always gets the girl, too. But has Bond outlived his usefulness? Is he still relevant today?
Today, James Bond is more important than ever.
James Bond in the 21st Century provides an entertaining and smart look at secret agent 007. Leading writers look at the evolution of Fleming’s secret agent, the classic Bond debates, and the films’ deeper subtext, offering advice for Mr. Bond, would-be villains, and discarded Bond girls alike, discovering why we still need 007.
Funny and insightful, James Bond in the 21st Century is a different look into the work and lifestyle of 007. It is perfect for fans, young and old, of the world’s most famous secret agent.
- J A Konrath surveys Bond’s Q section gadgets. Which are worth buying and which ones are wastes of money?
- Who’s the sexiest Bond girl? Erin Dailey and Harry Elliott discuss their picks.
- Bond–bland? Bond expert Lee Pfeiffer thinks so–and he’s got some compelling reasons why.
- John Cox unearths the sexual subtext in the Bond films. Could his relationship with his father be to blame?
- Movie critic Michael Marano can beat up James Bond–so why does 007, particularly Timothy Dalton’s version, still present such a threat?
- 007 continuation novelist Raymond Benson compares the literary bond to the cinematic Bond. Will they ever be the same?
- It takes more than a martini: Italian writer and translator Andrea Carlo Cappi tells you everything you need to know to drink, eat and dress like Bond.
- David Morefield shows how to be an evil genius and beat 007 once and for all.
- Raymond Benson
- Bruce Bethke
- Andrea Carlo Cappi
- John Cox
- Erin Dailey
- Ray Dempsey
- Harry Elliott
- Natasha Giardini
- Raelynn Hillhouse
- JA Konrath
- Michael Marano
- Louis Markos
- David Morefield
- Lee Pfeiffer
- Adam Roberts
- Steven Rubio
- Mark W. Tiedemann
- Lawrence Watt-Evans
- Sarah Zettel
Publication Details: James Bond in the 21st Century
Editor: Glenn Yeffeth
Pub. Month: September 2006
Retail: $17.95 (US)/$24.95 (CAN)
Publisher: BenBella Books
Cover: Trade Paperback
Order: James Bond in the 21st Century
Stay tuned to CBn for all the latest news on the literary James Bond 007 releases.