Seeing as SilverFin is now sitting comfortably on the bestseller lists and on the bookshelves of Bond fans on both sides of the Atlantic, it’s time to turn our attentions to the next adventure of young James Bond.
So what do we know about Young Bond Book 2?
As it turns out, we know quite a bit. What follows are all the known details about Book 2 that have been confirmed by author Charlie Higson and/or Ian Fleming Publications.
Young James Bond heads to Italy in his next adventure
- The working title is Double M, but this will most likely be changed.
- The novel will open at Eton, but then Bond will travel to Sardinia, an island off the coast of Italy, where the bulk of the action will be set.
- The plot will involve art theft, bandits, and smuggling.
- The main villain will be Italian.
- Bond will learn to snorkel and skin dive in this novel.
- There will be a “nasty torture scene” involving young Bond.
- The climax of the novel will be set in a cave with lots of gunfire, etc.
- It will be a longer book than SilverFin.
- The release date is January ’06.
Keep watching CBn for the latest news on SilverFin and Young Bond Book 2.