New 007 Publications Coming From Solo Publishing
By johncox on 2004-10-24
Big news for Bond collectors! Dave Worall, president of the James Bond Collectors Club, author of The Most Famous Car in the World and The James Bond Diecasts of Corgi, and publisher of the upcoming Cinema Retro magazine, has announced plans for several new Bond-related publications coming from his Solo Publishing label. Some are updates, some are new, all will be limited edition printings.
- The Most Famous Car in the World – New Updated Edition: One of the most successful automotive books of 1991, and reprinted several times since, this definitive history of 007’s Aston Martin DB5 is being updated to include the Brosnan era. Hundreds of rare photos, including behind the scenes information. A must have. Approx 200 pages.
- The James Bond Diecasts of Corgi – New Updated Edition: With over 3000 copies sold, and now out of print, Dave Worall’s excellent book about the 007 association with Corgi Toys is due to be updated to include the last ten years of releases. This book is not just an update, it is to be totally redesigned. Don’t miss out on your copy!
- New! An Illustrated Guide to Collecting 007 Bubble Gum Cards of the 60’s: At last – a new book from 007 collectables expert Dave Worall. Here is the definitive history of the 60’s bubble gum cards, including packaging, wrappers, display material, etc. All cards will be illustrated, so you can see what is missing from your collection! A must! (For a taste of what Dave has in store for this new book, click on this exclusive pic.)
- New! A Collector’s Guide to James Bond Toys of the 60’s: Here is a Collecting 007 special edition featuring some of the most collectable James Bond products of that golden era – the 1960’s. This large size magazine will be fully illustrated in both colour and B&W, with trade adverts, company history, etc, this is a long-awaited title from Dave Worall. Don’t miss this!
- New! The Cars of 007 – An Illustrated History of James Bond’s Gadget-Laden Vehicles: Since the release of Dr. No in 1962 James Bond has driven some of the world’s most exclusive cars. This large size Collecting 007 magazine special will detail the history of those vehicles, the stunts, where they are today, and the toys. From the author of The Most Famous Car in the World – so you know it’s going to be good!
Release dates and prices have yet to be announced, but those interested can email Solo Publishing with their full name and address, including title(s) that they are interested in, and Dave will add you to his new computer database. Once the publication is near its release date you will be notified of price, etc., but you are under no obligation to buy.