GoldenEye: Rogue Agent Available For Pre-Order
“Why Save the World When You Can Rule It?”
– GoldenEye: Rogue Agent tagline
Although 2004 has been a rather desolate twelve months for fans of the cinematic and literary incarnations of James Bond, with both Bond 21 and the new Young James Bond novels to be released in 2005, it has been a bumper year for 007 gamers. Mid-February saw the release of Everything or Nothing, which saw the line between film and gaming blur, as Pierce Brosnan and a host of A-list actors “performed” from a script penned by three-time Bond screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. Rather than try and top this highly cinematic effort, Electronic Arts decided to take a step in a different direction, focussing the next Bond game on a rogue MI6 agent, placing the player square in control of the villain, in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, set for release in November 2004.
Going where no previous James Bond game has dared to tread, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent breaks all the rules. Transport to the dark side of the Bond universe to experience life as a high-rolling, cold-hearted villain.
As an aspiring 00 agent gone bad, you’re recruited by Auric Goldfinger in a ruthless war against Dr. No for control of the Bond underworld. A brutal encounter with Dr. No costs you an eye, but Goldfinger’s technicians replace it with a gold-hued, synthetic eye, earning you the name ‘GoldenEye’. With the ability to customize and upgrade your villain persona, wreak havoc as you make your unrelenting rise through the ranks.
On globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition, cross paths with such infamous allies and enemies as Oddjob, Scaramanga, Xenia Onatopp, and of course, Pussy Galore.
Villains rule in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.
– Official GoldenEye: Rogue Agent synopsis
An exact shipping date is yet to be confirmed, but Electronic Arts have this week listed the game for pre-order at the EA Store, the company’s official on-line shop. Pre-release orders are available across all three platforms, for $49.95 each. To pre-order GoldenEye: Rogue Agent at the EA Store check out the links below…
Electronic Arts is offering all those who pre-order Rogue Agent from their official store free shipping, by entering the promotional code, GOLDEOSFSC, upon reaching the checkout.
- Build your own personalized villain, equipped with a customizable synthetic eye and physical attributes.
- E.V.I.L. AI engine motivates enemies to react intelligently to your actions and their surroundings to make every shootout more believable, intense, and unpredictable.
- GoldenEye: Rogue Agent integrates single-player, multiplayer split-screen, and online gameplay for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system across all game modes.
- Featured game modes include story-based campaign missions, deathmatch style simulator trials, and objective-based team war games.
- Fight with and against legendary villains and Bond girls such as Oddjob, Dr. No, Goldfinger, Pussy Galore, and Xenia Onatopp.
- Travel to famous and original Bond locations from the mountains of Switzerland to the streets of Hong Kong and from Fort Knox to Dr. No’s Crab Key lair in the Caribbean.
- Production design by Academy Award winning Sir Ken Adam, visionary creator for the look of the Bond film universe.
- Character models from Rene Morel (Final Fantasy) and wardrobe designed by Kym Barrett (The Matrix, Titan A.E.).
Cover art is, as yet, unavailable, however we’ll bring it to you as soon as it is on hand. Stay tuned to CBn for more coverage of the game leading up to its release.