The beautiful Tampa Theatre (listed in the National Register of Historic Places) will be showing a restored archival print of James Bond: Dr. No on the Big screen Sunday, July 4 at 3:00 PM. The restored Dr. No archival print will be played through their state-of-the-art sound and projection system. There may be a chance to get involved with their costume parade as well.
Matt Sherman, the man behind the popular BCWs (Bond Collector Weekend), is organizing a special event around the screening. So prepare yourself to join 007 for an Independence Day James Bond Weekend in Tampa, Florida. This weekend would include…
- Tickets for the Dr. No movie screening
- A group spot to watch July 4th fireworks (if you wish stay late Sunday)
- A guided tour inside Cross Gen Comics — creators of the current Kiss Kiss Bang Bang/James Bond comics (NOTE: not yet confirmed)
- A 007 memorabilia event
- A place to swim/soak up the sun
- Tampa/St. Petersburg sights including James Bond: Live And Let Die (locations still intact since Ian Fleming wrote his novel in 1954!) and The Pier, Dali Museum, Ybor City, etc
- A fun place to conference together and watch rare movies/videos
Everything, including sightseeing/ground transportation, is FREE of charge except hotel, movie tickets and any paid sightseeing like the Dali Museum, which is well worth its admission price.
Contact Matt Sherman so he can get a feel for the interest in this event first (don’t book any airlines flights yet!)