Calling all Bond fans! We are now just weeks away from the 7th annual Bond Collectors Weekend which this year will be held in Miami and Key West, FL. Organizer Matt Sherman has confirmed there are still a few open spots available. So if you want to “Bond” with other 007 fans, meet some of your fellow CBNers, and visit locations from Goldfinger, THUNDERBALL, Licence To Kill, Nobody Lives Forever, and The Man From Barbarossa, act now!
Here are the details on “BCW 007” as first reported on CBn back in February.
Bond Collectors’ Weekend 007 Miami
Friday – Sunday, June 4-6, 2004
“This is the best tour of them all, lasting three days, with of course most of the 007 locales on Saturday and Sunday morning,” says Matt Sherman, Bond Weekend 7 organizer. “We are lucky to be working closely with researchers and those who were in Key West during filming. We are hitting twice as many locations as we saw in New Orleans, San Francisco or Las Vegas and have close to 50 points of interest documented to date with some surprises.“
BCW Productions is organizing their seventh Bond Collectors’ Weekend. The BCWs are variety events attended by 007 Fans from around the world. The events are put together for Bond fans to visit James Bond locations, check out movie vehicles, and meet celebrities in an intimate setting (no Celebes have been confirmed yet for BCW7, but stay tune for further information).
The seventh annual Bond Collectors’ Weekend is set for Miami, Florida. Friday through Sunday, June 4-6. Attendance is limited to 50 fans… so sign up quick! Your BCW package will include:
- Hotel stay for three days/two nights single or double occupancy in Miami (Holiday Inn Express Miami Lakes) on Friday and Key West (Best Western Key Ambassador) on Saturday
- Breakfast each morning
- All guided tour admissions
- Dinner Friday night at our party
- All ground transportation and gratuities
- 007th weekend commemorative gifts, themed prizes, and more!
Friday June 4, 2004
8:00 AM: (For those arriving early) Meet fellow fans and collectors from around the US and Canada. Your stay includes complimentary breakfast each day, poolside.
9:30 AM: Guided tour of downtown Miami, Virginia Key, Cape Florida Lighthouse and Biscayne National Park.
12 Noon: Group luncheon on Key Biscayne. Take a dip with us in the Atlantic after lunch.
2:00 PM: Miami tour including fashion and entertainment centers Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, and Bal Harbour.
5:00 PM: Dine at Joe’s Stone Crab, the “Bill’s On The Beach” of Ian Fleming’s Goldfinger. (Nominal charge for those able to attend.)
8:00 PM – 2:00 AM: Nonstop TUXEDO / COSTUME / COME AS YOU ARE, 007 PARTY with games, prizes and themed food and drink at hotel. Sip martinis and dance the night away with couple and single Bond fans and friends.
Saturday June 5, 2004
7:00 AM: Breakfast at hotel
8:00 AM: Visit beautiful Marathon and the Seven Mile Bridge (Licence To Kill – Sanchez escapes!) and more than 25 points of interest from the 007 books and films! Enjoy historic Key West’s Lighthouse, Old Town, Southernmost Point and more on our guided tour plus Bond, Bond, Bond!
8:12 PM: Catch Sunset Celebration (as Bond did in Nobody Lives Forever) on the Gulf of Mexico at Mallory Square before heading for local nightlife. Shop world famous Duval Street. Your overnight stay is at the Key Ambassador on seven resort acres overlooking the Atlantic.
Sunday June 6, 2004
7:00 AM: Breakfast together at Key Ambassador Resort.
8:00 AM: Tour the Florida Keys, South Beach and Miami’s Art Deco district including more movie and book locations from Goldfinger, Thunderball, and Licence To Kill.
3:00 PM: Depart Sunday for home or stay late for shopping, Bonding with the gang and dinner at Bayside Marketplace.
So to quote Roger Moore in Octopussy…
“I’ll see you in Miami.“
- Single Occupancy (One 007): $389.50
- Double Occupancy (Two 007s, ask about roommate matching): $565.50 per couple
- Extra child staying in room/on tours (Junior 007s 13 and under): $160.00, space permitting (one child and one adult in one room are charged couples’ price)
- Book your BCW 7 trip with payment before March 15, 2004 and get $10 off per person by mentioned CommanderBond.net
- Airfare is up to YOU to arrange and pay for. For airfare discounts from Los Angeles, Chicago, & New York call toll free 1 (866) FLY-4FUN (359-4386) and ask for Jim, the “007 Weekend Agent”.
- BCW packages for locals (without hotel stay) are available for $200 per person.
- Late and early hotel nights are available through BCW Productions.
- Upgrade to a suite on Friday night (Holiday Inn Express Miami Lakes) for only $25 more
- Stay in a suite with Jacuzzi (Holiday Inn Express Miami Lakes) for just $65 more (single or double occupancy)!
- Please make checks or money order payable to “AllSpies Productions”
- Note on your check: “007th Weekend Registration”. Space is limited so sign up SOON!
- And send to: ALLSPIES PRODUCTIONS
2711 NW 42 PL
GAINESVILLE FL 32605
Matt & Janine Sherman
The Fine Print: BCW 7 itinerary subject to change. Deposits on weekends are nonrefundable.