Collectormania 4 To Hit UK
Exciting news for all of you UK Bond fans! This October the UK will be invaded by a whole galaxy of weird and wonderful collectables at Collectormania 4, the largest Sci-fi, Comic, Card and Film Collectors Event in England and the only FREE event in the country.
And to help make this a really spectacular event there will be over 30 very special guest appearances by famous film and tv stars from America and the UK, most making their very first fan appearance EVER. The very special guests appearing at the show have starred in a wide range of movies and tv shows, from the cult 80’s movie Goonies, to recent blockbusters such as the Terminator 3, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and The Matrix.
Of particular interest to Bond fans, Robert Davi, Sanchez in Licence To Kill will be in attendance, along with Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore; Goldfinger) and Lawrence Makoare (Mr. Kil; Die Another Day).
As well as getting the chance to meet their favourite actors in person, fans will also be able to add to their collection of autographs and have their photos taken with the stars. In an effort to make the show as easy and enjoyable as possible for the public, Showmasters have developed a new virtual queuing system. Fans no longer have to waste their time standing in line for hours on end to meet just one guest, only to find out that there isn’t enough time to see anyone else. With this new system you are free to wander around the show and meet other stars while a space is reserved for you in the longer queues.
Collectormania is evolving into something really special with each new show, and now the organisers have teamed up with Cineworld’s flagship muiltiplex cinema to develop a film festival to run in conjunction with the Collectormania events. They have arranged some very special movie screenings to complement the themes of the event, and these will include introductory talks by the leading actors. This will be a unique opportunity for fans to discover the secrets of how their favourite films shows were made and hear some of the great behind the scenes tales! There will be a full list of screenings and talks listed on the Showmasters website shortly.
Collectormania 4 promises to be one of the most impressive collectors events of the year, with over 300 tables of sci-fi, movie, comic and card related memorabilia. There will be a large number of specialist dealers from around the country and across Europe, with all sorts of collectables for sale ranging from the latest toy crazes imported from around the world, to vintage collectables from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 00’s! There will be memorabilia from Aliens to Xena, Buffy to WWF, and plenty in between including such things as Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars, Transformers, Thunderbirds, Dr Who, James Bond, Simpsons and so much more. There will also be people selling autographs of your favourite movie stars, comics, cards, film posters, soundtracks, toys and figures, model kits, promotional items, and even replica movie swords and other paraphernalia from blockbuster films and cult tv series. We have also arranged for special promotional items to be produced which will only be available exclusively at Collectormania 4.
And as if all this wasn’t enough to keep you entertained over the weekend, another attraction at the event will be a display of original props and costumes actually used to make some of the greatest movies and tv shows ever.
Collectormania 4 will be taking over Middleton Hall, at thecentre:mk shopping centre in the heart of Milton Keynes on 3rd to the 5th October 2003. This promises to be a weekend not to be missed for movie buffs and the general public alike, and a great chance for fans to add to their collections or just browse through some great memorabilia. What’s more, admission is FREE! C4 really will be explosive!
Guest appearances confirmed so far:
- Kristanna Loken: T-X (Terminatrix) – Terminator 3
- Neil and Adrian Rayment: The Twins – Matrix Reloaded / Revolutions
- Robert Davi: Sanchez – James Bond: License to Kill, Agent Johnson – Die Hard
- Honor Blackman: Pussy Galore – James Bond: Goldfinger, Kathy Gale – The Avengers
- Lawrence Makoare: Lurtz – Lord of the Rings, Mr Kil – Die Another Day
- Iyari Limon: Kennedy – Buffy the Vampire Slayer (season 7)
- Anthony Head: Giles – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Billy Dee Williams: Lando Calrissian – Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Harvey Dent – Batman
- Brent McIntyre: Witch King – Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Toby Jones: Dobby – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Andy Serkis: Gollum – Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Dan Green: voice of Yugi Moto – Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Doug Bradley: Pinhead – Hellraiser
- James and Oliver Phelps: Fred and George Weasley – Harry Potter movies
- George Takei: Sulu – Star Trek (original series and movies)
- Roxann Dawson: B’elanna Torres – Star Trek: Voyager
- Rene Auberjonois: Odo – Star Trek: Deep Space 9
- Kane Hodder: Jason – Friday 13th part VII – X
- Michael Keating: Villa – Blake’s 7
- Jonathan Hardy: Rygel – Farscape
- Sala Baker: Sauron – Lord of the Rings
- Peter Weller: Robocop, Odyssey 5
- Matthew Lewis: Neville – Harry Potter movies
And many more still to be announced…
For an updated list of guests and special attractions at Collectormania 4, plus more detailed information of the event and how to get there check out the website or ring the infoline for all the latest details on 01908 671138.
Thanks to Andrea for all the information.