'A View to a Kill' 25th Anniversary event
Our friends from the French James Bond fan club Club James Bond France inform us about one of their forthcoming events, a 25th Anniversary celebration of the 14th James Bond movie A View to A Kill. The press release came in somewhat late, as the event will already take place on 18th September 2010 at the Chateau de Chantilly (France), the very place where the movie’s villain, Max Zorin, had his headquarters. Those of you who are always prepared to travel at a spur of the moment decision can make a reservation by emailing [email protected]
For further details on the event, read the full press release below:
A View To A Kill celebrates it’s
25th anniversary at the Chateau de Chantilly
In 1985, Albert R. Broccoli and Eon Production filmed A View To A Kill in Paris and in Chantilly (Oise). In order to commemorate this film and its contribution to the industry of the 7th Art, the City of Chantilly, the Musée Condé, and the foundation of Chantilly have decided to organize, with the active partnership of the Club James Bond France, a great anniversary event on Saturday, September 18th during the “European Heritage Days”.
A unique program was designed for all lovers of movies and art history, which will go to the heart of the estate:
• a guided tour coupled with the discovery of the locations and anecdotes from the shooting (Castle, Great Stables, racecourse …)
• delivery of the quarterly magazine of the Club James Bond France Le Bond Collector’s Special “A View To A Kill – Chantilly” – 36 pages of interviews, exclusive photos and documents on the film and panoramas of the castle.
• Screening of the movie at night, outdoors, on the racetrack, with a presentation by John Glen, director.
As a bonus, the presence of guests, architects of the fourteenth installment in the saga, seventh and last film of Roger Moore in the tuxedo of 007:
• John Glen, director of the film and five other Bond movies between 1981 and 1989
• Remy Julienne, stunt coordinator of the movie and others Bond films.
• Serge Touboul, location manager on A View To A Kill.
Where pop culture meets history. Not to be missed.
Ticket price is 40€ for adults and 20€ for children under 12.
Event organized with the support of Fox Pathe, Allociné and Michelin.
About the Club James Bond France:
Placed under the patronage of Sir Roger Moore and Maryam d’Abo, chaired by Luc Le Clech, the Club James Bond France gathers 250 members around the world (France, Switzerland, Belgium, USA and Canada). Due to it’s publishing activities – 4 issues of the magazine Le Bond and Archives 007 (80 pages) per year – the CJBF is one of the world’s leading Bond clubs. With 2,500 daily visitors (unique clicks) and up to 200,000 visitors at a new movie out, its website, which features the largest global database of James Bond, is also one of the most visited of the planet.
News or photos on 007 from our database? Contact us:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –