Hold onto your seats as the DSO and conductor Michael Krajewski rev up with signature tunes from the famous James Bond film franchise in performances titled Bond and Beyond on Apr. 15-18. The program features ‘James Bond’ and ‘The 007’ themes, and the DSO premiere of the Cell Phone Concerto with a special guest artist to be announced. The concerts take place on Thu., Apr. 15 at 10:45 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.; Fri., Apr. 16 at 8:30 p.m.; Sat., Apr. 17 at 8:30 p.m. and Sun., Apr. 18 at 3:00 p.m.
Other selections on the program include music from James Bond films Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, From Russia with Love, Quantum of Solace, Casino Royale, A View to a Kill, and many more! Known for his entertaining programs and wry sense of humor, Michael Krajewski is a much sought after conductor of symphonic pops concerts. Michael has collaborated with an eclectic group of artists including flutist Sir James Galway, mezzo soprano Marilyn Horne, pianist Alicia de Larrocha, guitarist Angel Romero, and pop artists Roberta Flack, Judy Collins, Art Garfunkel, Doc Severinsen, Al Hirt, Cab Calloway, the Kingston Trio, Ben E. King, Mary Wilson, Patti Austin, the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, the Canadian Brass, Pink Martini and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. With degrees from Wayne State University in Detroit and the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, Michael furthered his training at the Pierre Monteux Domaine School for Conductors. He was a Dorati Fellowship Conductor with the Detroit Symphony and later served as the orchestra’s assistant conductor.
Tickets to Bond and Beyond range in price from $19 to $71 with a limited number of box seats available for $65 to $123. Tickets may be purchased at the Max M. Fisher Music Center box office (3711 Woodward Ave., Detroit); by calling (313) 576-5111; or online at www.detroitsymphony.com. Seniors (60 and over) and students with a valid student ID can purchase 50% off RUSH tickets at the box office 90 minutes prior to concerts based on availability. For group discount information (10 people or more), please contact Chuck Dyer at (313) 576-5130 or email@example.com.
DTE Energy Foundation Pops Series
Bond and Beyond
Detroit Symphony Orchestra
Michael Krajewski, conductor
Thu., Apr. 15 at 10:45 a.m. & 8 p.m.
Fri., Apr. 16 at 8:30 p.m.
Sat., Apr. 17 at 8:30 p.m.
Sun., Apr. 18 at 3 p.m.
- JOHN BARRY (arr. Jeffrey Tyzik) – James Bond Theme
- JOHN BARRY (arr. Nic Raine) – Diamonds are Forever
- JOHN BARRY (arr. Nic Raine) – You Only Live Twice
- JOHN BARRY (arr. Nic Raine) – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service/A View To a Kill
- LALO SCHIFRIN (arr. Calvin Custer) – Mission Impossible
- JAMES STEPHENSON III – Concerto for Cell Phone
- DAVID ARNOLD (arr. Gregory Prechel) – Suite from Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace
- LIONEL BART (arr. Nic Raine) – From Russia With Love
- JOHN BARRY (arr. Nic Raine) – Goldfinger
- DANNY ELFMAN (arr. John Wasson) – Music from Spiderman
- MANCINI – Theme from Peter Gunn
- MANCINI – Inspector Clouseau Theme
- MANCINI – The Pink Panther
- JOHN BARRY (arr. Jeffrey Tyzik) – The Best of Bond
- JOHN WILLIAMS – The Superman March from Superman
Keep visiting the CommanderBond.net main page and our Discussion Forums for the most up-to-date 007 coverage on the web.