The latest issue of ‘Timecode’, an UK Home Entertainmen industry trade magazine, features an interview with Vincent Peterson, Marketing Director for MGM Home Entertainment UK, who discusses the DVD release of Die Another Day.
In the magazine Peterson confirms the May release for the DVD in the United Kingdom.
Peterson also talked about some of the extras that may appear on the DVD, they are, however, still tenative. There will be a feautre entitled ‘Equipment Breifing -The Gadgets And Weapons’ and the music video for Madonna’s Die Another Day title song. Peterson also stated that there may be “a first for a Bond dvd, a comprehensive set of deleted scenes with commentary by Lee Tamahori”.
While deleted scenes will add to the DVDs quality there will, presumably, be more extras than the aforementioned. MGM revealed in December that the DVD was likely to have a RRP of £24.99 in the United Kingdom, a price usually given to double-disc releases.
In late November an extras list surfaced on the Internet which featured two of the three extras mentioned by Peterson;
- Deleted Scenes with commentary by Director
- Audio Commentary: Audio Intelligence
- Audio Commentary: Audio Intelligence 2
- MI6 Data Stream – trivia tracks with seamless links to featurettes
- Inside Die Another Day documentary
- Multi angle action and stunt sequences
- multi angle view of opening credits
- Scene evolutions
- Equipment Briefing
- Making of documentary 1
- Making of documentary 2
- Theatrical trailer
- TV spot
- Madonna music video
- A Day In the Live (MTV Special)
- Behind the scenes of the Madonna music video