Today, CommanderBond.net gives James Bond fans a much more indepth look at all the extras that will be featured on this three-disc DVD/two-disc Blu-ray release. Special highlights include never-before-seen footage in the deleted and extended scenes, new documentaries, audio commentaries and much more.
“007” GETS REVAMPED IN HIGH-STAKES EXTRAVAGANZA
Arrives on DVD & Blu-ray High-Def October 21st,
Fully-Loaded With Extended/Deleted Scenes, Filmmaker Profiles,
“Making of” Documentaries and Much More!
The most successful James Bond movie ever gets a first-class upgrade when Casino Royale Collector’s Edition arrives on DVD and Blu-ray High-Def October 21, 2008. Daniel Craig (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Munich) transforms himself into the urbane and sophisticated Agent 007 for this adrenaline-filled adaptation of Ian Fleming’s first James Bond novel. Audiences revel in the heart-stopping action of Bond’s initial assignment with his license to kill. A box office smash and home entertainment chart-topper, the Collector’s Edition of Casino Royale offers a “Double-O” dose of extra features, plus free e-Movie Cash to see the next Bond installment, Quantum of Solace, in theaters November 7, 2008.
Craig and leading lady Eva Green (Kingdom of Heaven, The Dreamers) breathe new life into the Bond saga, as director Martin Campbell (GoldenEye, The Legend of Zorro) captures all their sizzling chemistry on film. The complex action-thriller also stars Oscar winner and six-time Academy Award nominee Judi Dench (Die Another Day, Shakespeare In Love), who returns to the Bond franchise as “M”, 007’s steely superior at the British Secret Service, and veteran actor Mads Mikkelsen (Exit, Prague), as Le Chiffre, the devious mastermind behind a terrorist banking scheme. The film also introduces the audience to former Miss Italy finalist Caterina Murino, making her steamy American film debut as one of the latest Bond Girls.
Casino Royale Collector’s Edition is bursting with over seven hours of spectacular extras not featured in the original DVD and Blu-ray release, including new documentaries, never-before-seen footage and in-depth profiles of the filmmakers. Taking full advantage of the interactive capabilities offered by advanced Blu-ray technology, Casino Royale Collector’s Edition also offers exclusive material found only on the Blu-ray version: a Bonus View picture-in-picture visual commentary with Director Martin Campbell and Producer Michael G. Wilson, as well as “Know Your Double-O,” a BD-Live enabled multi-skill level, multi-player trivia game that pits Bond fans around the world against one another in a game that will entertain both casual fans and experts alike. This can’t-miss deluxe edition will be available October 21 on 3-disc DVD at a SRP of $29.95 and 2-disc BD at a SRP of $38.96.
Casino Royale Synopsis:
Casino Royale introduces James Bond (Craig) in “00” status. “M” (Dench), head of the British Secret Service, sends Bond on his first mission as 007, leading him to Le Chiffre (Mikkelsen), banker to the world’s terrorists. In order to bring down the terrorist network, Bond must beat Le Chiffre in a high-stakes poker game at Casino Royale. Bond teams with a beautiful treasury official, Vesper Lynd (Green), as he risks millions of Her Majesty’s money, all too aware that should he lose, the funds will strengthen and embolden the very terrorists they hope to stop. As Bond and Vesper survive a series of nearly lethal attacks by Le Chiffre and his henchmen, a mutual affection develops, leading Bond to a terrifying confrontation with his own mortality. As Bond becomes closer to Vesper, he questions his desire to remain a secret agent, leading to a heart-stopping conclusion unlike any Bond film before.
EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Bonus View Picture-in-Picture visual commentary with Director Martin Campbell and Producer Michael G. Wilson
- “Know Your Double-O” – the Ultimate James Bond Trivia Quiz, a BD-Live enabled multi-skill level, multi-player trivia game
BD & DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Ian Fleming’s Incredible Creation – A remarkable look at the birth and continued success of James Bond, including never-before-revealed information about Bond’s creator and the origins of 007.
- The Road to Casino Royale – The story of why it took over 50 years for the Bond filmmakers to bring Ian Fleming’s first 007 novel to the big screen, featuring the amazing behind-the-scenes stories of the many attempts to make the film.
- James Bond in the Bahamas – A fascinating examination of the links between the the cinematic Bond and the Bahamas, with never-before-told behind-the-scenes stories from Casino Royale, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, For Your Eyes Only and The World Is Not Enough.
- Ian Fleming: The Secret Road to Paradise – A revealing exploration of the world of James Bond’s creator. In this documentary, discover why Ian Fleming was drawn to the Bahamas, and learn the cinematic Casino Royale‘s unique link to an important chapter in 007’s secret history.
- Death in Venice – A break down of one of the key scenes in the film.
- Becoming Bond – An intimate look at how Daniel Craig stepped into the role of James Bond.
- James Bond: For Real – A behind-the-scenes look at the ground-breaking action and the stunts in Casino Royale.
- Bond Girls Are Forever – An extended version of the 2002 AMC television special, with new footage and interviews of the new Bond Girls.
- The Art of Freerunning – An in-depth look at the freerunning chase and the freerunning technique with the sport’s founder, Sebastien Foucan.
- Filmmaker Profiles: in-depth conversations with key creative forces behind Casino Royale, including never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage:
- Martin Campbell, Director
- Chris Corbould, Special Effects
- Phil Meheux, Director of Photography
- Gary Powell, Stunt Coordinator
- Alexander Witt, Second Unit Director
- David Arnold, Composer
- Deleted/Extended Scenes:
- “Rescue & Recovery”
- “Squandering Government Funds”
- “Cricket Pavilion”
- “Gettler Raises Bond’s Suspicions”
- Storyboard Sequence:
- Freerunning Chase – Watch the storyboards presented in animatic form, or view them in comparison to the finished film sequence.
- Scene Deconstruction:
- Catching a Plane: From Storyboard to Screen – featuring outtakes and never-before-seen footage.
- Music Video: Chris Cornell “You Know My Name”
- Crew Commentary: Audio Commentary with scene-specific comments and observations from many of Casino Royale‘s creative team.
Casino Royale was directed by Martin Campbell (GoldenEye, The Legend of Zorro); produced by Michael G. Wilson (Die Another Day, Tomorrow Never Dies); written by Neal Purvis (screenplay – The World Is Not Enough, Die Another Day), Robert Wade (screenplay – The World Is Not Enough, Die Another Day) and Paul Haggis (screenplays – In the Valley of Elah, Crash); and stars Daniel Craig (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Munich), Eva Green (Kingdom of Heaven, The Dreamers), Judi Dench (Die Another Day, Shakespeare In Love) and Mads Mikkelsen (Exit, Prague).
About Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment company. SPE is a division of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital contest creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.
EON Productions/Danjaq, LLC, is owned by the Broccoli family and has produced twenty two James Bond films since 1962, including Quantum of Solace. The James Bond films, produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, make up the longest running franchise in film history and include the recent blockbuster films GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, Die Another Day and Casino Royale. EON Productions and Danjaq LLC, are affiliate companies and control all worldwide merchandising of the James Bond franchise.
Stay tuned to the CommanderBond.net main page for the most up-to-date and complete coverage of the Casino Royale Collector’s Edition DVD/Blu-ray release.