Stuck on a level? Not sure where to go next? Use this CommanderBond.net walkthough as your guide to Activision’s debut James Bond 007 game, Quantum of Solace.
This Quantum of Solace: The Game walkthrough is applicable for the Playstation 2 platform.
NOTE: To access the CommanderBond.net walkthrough for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii and Windows PC platforms, click here.
Quantum of Solace: The Game (PS2)
Mission 5: Sinkhole
Walkthrough by: CBn Forum member Jaws0178
1. Okay, so we are now in Bolivia. To start with, move further into the cave. Once you have reached the green flashing dot on your GPS, you will be in a giant chamber with a lot of stalagmites and stalactites. Use the first one for cover because soldiers are going to come running through along with a helicopter with a machine gunner in the back. The first enemy you need to get rid of is the helicopter or he is going to really ruin your day. The good news, however, is that he can be beat with what you have. Once he gone, do a little mop up work with the other soldiers.
2. As you are going deeper into the chamber, more soldiers will come running out. Basically, stay in cover, keep moving, and pick up weapons as you go along. The stalagmites can also be an asset to you here as well. It is a matter of timing here.
Quantum of Solace
3. Once you are at the other end, continue on through the small passageway to another chamber with three guards, one above and two to your left. Now, if you want to save ammo, (which trust me, you do) you will see a box of dynamite to the left of the two evildoers. This only works if they are standing next to each other, and the third guard has not seen you and given you away. Once you have dispatched with them, move along into the next cooridor, taking out three enemies along the way.
4. This next part is actually the top part of the dynamite section where the third guard was patrolling. That means if you didn’t take him out before, he will either be in the previous section, or part of the group in this section. Again, the stalagmite abover their head will be very helpful. Also, be aware that there is no cover in this section, so the only way to shoot the stalagmite is by revealing yourself.
5. Okay, moving on, once they are taken care of, move along through to get to another big chamber. You will see an ammo crate to your left, and Camille to the right. Once you run toward Camille, you will be treated to another cut-scene.
6. Okay, looks like an old friend is back, and he has brought company in the form of a second gunner. My recommendation here is to get as close as you can, using the rocks as cover, and light them both up, ducking out if you get too injured. Now, once the two gunners are gone, basically, its mopup work again. Again, remember, stay low, stay covered, and stay armed. Also, don’t bite off more than you can chew. Once you get closer to the end, you will see a box of dynamite. Blow it to help you out.
7. Straight ahead of you is a tunnel collapse, so ignore it for now. Instead, move to your right to get to what I like to call “Zorins office” from the movie A View to a Kill. Now, if you are careful, you can use the dynamite box sitting on top of a rock to get rid of two of the enemies. After taking out the three enemies at the entrance, cautiously move up the ramp. About halfway up, you will see a break in the rocks, and there is a fence there, and a bad guy. As soon as you see him, another one will come running past. Shoot them both, and move along toward the building. Use he rock face on the left for cover, as you are going to meet two more bad guys. Once they are gone, go into the building to find the dynamite. As you exit the building, two bad guys will be coming up the ramp. Dispose of them and move to the corner of the ramp. Now, we’re going to have to backtrack a little bit. When you grabbed the explosives in the building, a bad guy came running through the entrance of the checkpoint, and has since planted himself right at the very rock where the dynamite box sits, if you didn’t blow it at the beginning. If so, just get rid of him in the normal way. Once this is done, go back through the entrance to the cave in, place the explosives, and get out of the way.
8. This next part is a little tricky to me. The reason is because there is a baddie standing at the very top, shooting at you for the others. The others meanwhile are shooting and throwing grenades. Now, thats not to say that he can not be beat. That simply means that I don’t really have a recommendation on the best way to beat him, just stay covered, and stay low. Once they have been defeated, move along through the passageway.
9. Camille is in trouble! Now, this is actually a fun section. What you are doing is providing cover for Camille. Once you start taking out the opposition, one will run to the other ledge and start shooting at you with a rifle—he is on the left side across from you. There is also another one on the right. The GPS is invaluable here.
10. Once they are all gone, we come to arguably the hardest part of this whole level, the helicopter makes a comeback, and this time you have to not only kill the gunners, you have to take out the pilot as well, oh, and you have to do it in order. Now, adding to the headache is the fact that the rocks can be (and are) easily destroyed by the gunners. Basically, my advice to you is this, there are two ammo boxes containing unlimited sniper rounds. Use them, don’t stay in one place too long, and use the rocks for the limited cover that they provide. Also, stay toward the back. Once you have taken out the chopper, you are treated to a cutscene, which introduces the Casino Royale levels, starting with Shanty Town.
Quantum of Solace is currently available on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS and Windows PC platforms in the UK and US. Click here to order.
Keep your eyes on the CommanderBond.net main page for the most up-to-date coverage of Activision’s Quantum of Solace.