As earlier reported on CommanderBond.net, the winner of the 2009 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger award is set to be announced next month at the Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards, which will be broadcast on ITV3.
The CWA Dagger Awards celebrate the very best in crime and thriller writing, and are the longest established literary awards in the UK. These premier awards in crime fiction are recognised internationally as a mark of excellence.
The shortlist for the Steel Dagger award—for best thriller—has just been announced. The winner will be announced and awarded the £2,000 prize on Wednesday, 21 October 2009.
- Michael Connelly: The Brass Verdict (Orion)
- Gillian Flynn: Dark Places (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
- John Hart: The Last Child (John Murray)
- Charlie Newton: Calumet City (Bantam Press)
- Daniel Silva: Moscow Rules (Michael Joseph)
- Olen Steinhauer: The Tourist (HarperCollins)
- Andrew Williams: The Interrogator (John Murray)
For further details regarding the Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Award and other awards, click here.
Keep watching the CommanderBond.net main page—and our brand new Twitter feed—for the most up-to-date literary James Bond coverage on the web.