GamersHell.com has published Activision’s official fact sheet on the Nintendo DS version of Quantum of Solace.
Unlike the console versions, Quantum of Solace on DS will be strictly a third-person shooter.
Full details follow.
James Bond is back to settle the score in the Quantum of Solace game. Introducing a more lethal and cunningly efficient Bond, the game blends intense action with a unique combat system for the Nintendo DS that allows players to use their stealth and lethal combat skills to progress through missions. Seamlessly blending the heart-pounding action and excitement of the upcoming Quantum of Solace feature film with the Casino Royale movie, the title propels players into the cinematic experience of international espionage. The Quantum of Solace game for the Nintendo DS gives players a unique experience in the palm of their hands, as they use an innovative touch screen control scheme that gives players the feeling of being James Bond.
- Become Bond – The Quantum of Solace game marks the first time players can become the dangerous and cunning Bond portrayed by Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace and Casino Royale.
- Innovative Touch Screen Control – The Quantum of Solace game for the Nintendo DS introduces streamlined controls, with players stealthily navigating the treacherous world and engaging in intense combat using only the stylus for a unique and compelling James Bond experience.
- Combat Variety – Choose how you want to complete your missions. Use your skills in espionage, to silently disable your foes. Take aim from a distance to remove enemies with deadly precision. Or come in close for melee combat in an innovative touch screen combat system.
- Deep upgrade system – Earn Bond points, collect better items, and use special playing cards to customize and enhance your abilities. Choose where you want to upgrade your character to enhance your favorite style of play. Explore the world for rare and powerful items.
- Cinematic Appeal – The game narrative accentuates key movie events from both Quantum of Solace and Casino Royale, as players control James Bond through in-game conversations with multiple narrative options. Choosing the right one can unlock new abilities and uncover special items.
IGN has early screenshots from the DS version.
Quantum of Solace is scheduled for release on 4 November, 2008.
Keep watching CommanderBond.net for all the latest James Bond gaming news.