In mid-August, following the previous month’s successful re-release of Sean Connery’s Goldfinger in UK theatres, distributor Park Circus polled fans on which James Bond film they wanted to see back on the big screen next.
John Letham, managing director of Park Circus, has informed CBn of the results (based out of 3595 total votes):
- Thunderball – 205 (6%)
- You Only Live Twice – 128 (4%)
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – 1735 (48%)
- The Spy Who Loved Me – 1415 (39%)
- GoldenEye – 112 (3%)
With On Her Majesty’s Secret Service and The Spy Who Loved Me emerging as the obvious frontrunners, it seems likely that we may see one of these two 007 films next.
‘We are looking to do another Bond theatrically and this poll has greatly helped our decision making process. We hope to announce more details in the near future,’ added Letham.
Keep watching CBn for all the latest James Bond news and events.
- Fans Polled On Which James Bond Film They Want On The Big Screen
- ‘Goldfinger’ Re-released In UK Theatres Today
- Goldfinger – Film Articles