Last month, CBn reported that several authors had been shortlisted for the 2007 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger award with the winner to be announced on 5 July.
Each year, Ian Fleming Publications Ltd sponsors the Crime Writers’ Association Ian Fleming Steel Dagger; an annual award for the best thriller published in the UK. The winner author is awarded £2000 and also receives a unique ‘steel dagger’, which is handcrafted and based on the weapon used by Special Forces during World War II.
This year’s award went to Gillian Flynn for her novel, Sharp Objects. Flynn also won the New Blood Dagger.
The other contenders included:
- Alex Berenson – The Faithful Spy (Random House)
- Harlan Coben – The Woods (Orion)
- R.J. Ellory – City of Lies (Orion)
- Michael Marshall – The Intruders (HarperCollins)
- Michael Robotham – The Night Ferry (Little, Brown)
- Karin Slaughter – Triptych (Random House)
Stay tuned to CBn for all the latest literary James Bond news.