Each year, Ian Fleming Publications Ltd sponsors the Crime Writers’ Association Ian Fleming Steel Dagger; an annual award for the best thriller published in the UK. The winner author is awarded £2000 and also receives a unique ‘steel dagger’, which is handcrafted and based on the weapon used by Special Forces during World War II.
K1Bond007 reports that the shortlist for this year’s award have been announced:
- Alex Berenson – The Faithful Spy (Random House)
- Harlan Coben – The Woods (Orion)
- R.J. Ellory – City of Lies (Orion)
- Gillian Flynn – Sharp Objects (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
- Michael Marshall – The Intruders (HarperCollins)
- Michael Robotham – The Night Ferry (Little, Brown)
- Karin Slaughter – Triptych (Random House)
The Ian Fleming Steel Dagger judges are Seraphina Granelli, former Manager of Waterstone’s Piccadilly, Gordon Wise, Literary Agent, Mike Stotter, Editor of Shots Magazine, Mike Jecks, crime novelist, and Zöe Watkins, Publishing Manager of Ian Fleming Publications Ltd. The panel is chaired by Corinne Turner, Managing Director of Ian Fleming Publications Ltd.
The winner is set to be announced on 5 July 2007.
Stay tuned to CBn for all the latest literary James Bond news.