Publisher Graham Rye is reporting that ‘OO7’ Magazine #48 will be available starting the first week of February and can be pre-ordered now at the official website. ‘OO7’ Magazine #48 will be a special issue commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Sean Connery classic THUNDERBALL. Here’s a look at what’s inside.
‘OO7’ Magazine #48 – Thunderball special
- The beginning – James Bond author RAYMOND BENSON explains how Ian Fleming came to write the novel THUNDERBALL and the ensuing litigation which proved to be Fleming’s death knell.
- A diver’s tale – In 1965 a young pre-med student with a keen interest in scuba-diving stumbled on the opportunity to take part in movie history in the biggest Bond of all – Thunderball. GRAHAM RYE dove into his story.
- On the trail of Thunderball – Examining in detail, scripts and other unique documented evidence in The Ian Fleming Foundation archives, Bond scholar and author JOHN CORK guides us through the fascinating evolution of how the most successful James Bond film of them all made its way to the cinema screen.
- A speciality act’s tale – GRAHAM RYE spoke with an unknown player in the Thunderball story, to discover how a teenager from West London found herself immortalised in the credit titles of the biggest Bond movie of them all.
- Sour martinis and animosity – Author ROBERT SELLERS unravels the previously untold story of the cartel of creative minds behind the inception of Thunderball, and the one man for whom the world would never be enough.
- Thunderball – the production – ANDREW PILKINGTON takes a look behind the scenes at how parts of the film were made – and also discovers what might have been.
- The shooting script – ANDREW PILKINGTON examines comparisons between the shooting script and the finished film.
- The villain – KEVIN HARPER examines the man behind the plot to hold the Western World to ransom, SPECTRE Number One – Emilio Largo.
- The girls – Domino, Fiona, Patricia and Paula – MARK THOMPSON examines James Bond’s Thunderbirds!
- The premieres – GRAHAM RYE takes a look at the premieres of Thunderball in London and Dublin.
*‘OO7’ Magazine is an independant publication no longer affiliated with The James Bond International Fan Club.
- ‘007’ Magazine #47
- ‘007’ Magazine #46: Roger Moore Special
- ‘007’ Magazine #45
- ‘007’ Magazine #44
- ‘007’ Magazine #43
- ‘007’ Magazine #37
- ‘007’ Magazine: A Complete Bibliography