*** WARNING: ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS ***
The reliable Stax over at IGN Filmforce has today scored a major scoop; a list of all the major characters in Casino Royale, along with casting requirements and status.
- Vesper – Late 20s to 30s, must be gorgeous. A Sienna Miller “type.” The most dramatic Bond girl yet.
- Main villain – Late twenties to mid-thirties. The filmmakers are said to be close to sealing a deal with an unnamed European actor. (This is presumably Le Chiffre, although IGN’s sources do not mention him by name.)
- Villain’s girlfriend – She must be sexy and dangerous. The filmmakers are understood to be seeking a name actress or a pop star.
- American CIA agent – Somewhere between 30 and 40 years old. Filmmakers are considering name actors. (Felix Leiter perhaps?)
- Solari – A commander in the Sudanese rebel army between 40 and 50 years old. Pop-star Seal has been linked to the role.
- Demetrius – A reckless Mediterranean in his forties. Sleazy sort who lives the high life as a gambler and money launderer.
- Solonge – Thirty-something spouse of Demetrius. European who shares her husband’s taste for the high life.
- Massus – Mediterranean heritage, pushing sixty. (Presumably based on the character of Mathis from the novel renamed to reflect the change of locale.)
Despite being only weeks away from shooting, Stax reports that all these roles have yet to be cast.
Head on over to IGN to read the entire article.
Casino Royale is the 21st James Bond film produced by franchise holders Eon Productions. The MGM/Columbia Pictures production begins shooting in January and is due for release worldwide on 17 November 2006. Starring Daniel Craig as James Bond, it will be filmed in the Czech Republic, the Bahamas, Italy and the UK.