Variety has revised its article claiming Casino Royale would begin filming in
"Summer 2006"; the article now reads "early 2006". Therefore,
speculation about Bond 21 to be pushed to 2007 now seems meaningless.
Meanwhile, as the
Daily Bulletin reports, Michael G. Wilson has come out with some real facts. Speaking to
Harvey Mudd students on the weekend about photography, Wilson said: "I know that
many of you have questions about the next James Bond film. I generally get asked
the same questions wherever I go. I’ve found that nine answers will take care of
most of those questions."
He then went on and said, without naming the questions: "I don’t know which
actor; January 17; October 19, 2006; Aston Martin; ‘Casino Royale’; Martin
Campbell; Prague and South Africa; yes, Judi Dench will be back; and no, Halle
Berry won’t reprise, but I’d love to make another film with her."
- no actor for the role of James Bond casted yet
- start of shooting: January 17, 2006
- either end of shooting or release date: October 19, 2006
- Bond will again be driving an Aston Martin car
- the film will be called Casino Royale
- Martin Campbell will be the director
- locations will be Prague and South Africa
- Judi Dench will reprise her role as ‘M’
- Jinx will not be back
While most of the now confirmed facts are not news to CBn readers, two points
have to be looked at more precise: South Africa and October 19, 2006.
South Africa was one of the first rumours surrounding Bond 21; CBn first had
an article on it in July 2003. Later, insider "Pierce-B" from Absolutely James
Bond claimed that South Africa and Liverpool were being scouted by EON. Nothing
more was heard about it until today.
While Wilson gave mostly very precise replies, the only vague thing he talked
about remains "October 19, 2006." Will it be the release date for Casino Royale
or will this date only mark the final day of shooting?
it has been reported that the film will be released on November 17, 2006.
Sadly, all other questions were blocked. Wilson admitted it’s more fun to
talk about photography than about Bond, in part because there’s less pressure.
Nobody’s blogging about the Wilson Centre for Photography. "I live in a
fishbowl," Wilson said. "You can’t have a casual remark. So I am somewhat
guarded speaking about Bond."
- ‘Casino Royale’ Moving to Prague
- Eon Scouting Prague As Possible Bond 21 Location?
- A Date at ‘Casino Royale’
- ‘Royale’ Revelations from Purvis & Wade
- Dench Confirms Jan/Feb ’06 Start Date for ‘Casino Royale’
- Campbell Chats ‘Casino’
- EON CONFIRMS CAMPBELL AND ‘CASINO ROYALE’!
- LICENCE REVOKED
- Unofficial Confirmation of Location Scouting
- Rumour on Bond 21 location scouting