The UK edition of SilverFin, the first ‘Young Bond’ novel by BBC comedy writer and thriller novelist Charlie Higson, is now available for pre-order from Amazon.co.uk. The 352 page novel retails for £5.99 and shows a release date of March 3, 2005. Unlike the U.S. hardcover edition (set for release April 27, 2005), Ian Fleming Publications has confirmed for CBn that SilverFin will only be available as a paperback in the UK.
SilverFin sees a 13-year-old James Bond investigating mysterious goings-on in a remote Scottish castle where a wealthy American is conducting some very disturbing experiments. This new series of ‘Young Bond’ novels are aimed at capturing a younger demographic of Bond fan, as well as those readers who have made the Harry Potter books such an international sensation.
SilverFin will be published in the UK by Puffin Books (a division of the Penguin Group), and by Miramax Books in the U.S. A second yet untitled novel is scheduled for November 2005.
There are a total of five books planned in the ‘Young Bond’ series.
- ‘Young Bond’ U.S. Publisher Faces Uncertain Future
- First ‘Young Bond’ Novel Title and Cover Art Revealed!
- Pussy Galore…make way for “Wilder Lawless”
- “Miramax Buys Rights to First Two ‘Young James Bond’ Novels”
- “No Laughing Matter”
- Charlie Higson Interviewed on Jonathan Ross BBC Radio 2
- 007 Fans Take Aim at IFP’s ‘Young James Bond’ Concept
- Ian Fleming Publications Announce New Series of “Young James Bond” Novels