The U.S. edition of SilverFin, the first ‘Young Bond’ novel by BBC comedy writer and thriller novelist Charlie Higson, is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com. The hardcover novel retails for $16.95 and shows a release date of April 27, 2005 (the UK edition is scheduled for March). While the cover art for the UK edition was revealed last month, there is yet no cover art for the U.S. edition.
This new series of ‘Young Bond’ novels are aimed at capturing a younger demographic of Bond fan, as well as those readers who have made the Harry Potter books such an international sensation. SilverFin sees a 13-year-old James Bond investigating mysterious goings-on in a remote Scottish castle where a wealthy American is conducting some very disturbing experiments.
The dark waters around a Scottish castle hold a sinister secret. One man with a thirst for power will use it – whatever the cost. SilverFin is dangerous. SilverFin is the future. SilverFin must be destroyed…
Bond, James Bond.
The legend begins with SilverFin.
SilverFin will be published in the UK by Puffin Books (a division of the Penguin Group), and by Hyperion Books for Children (in conjunction with Miramax Books) in the U.S. A second yet untitled novel is scheduled for November 2005. There are a total of five books planned in the ‘Young Bond’ series.
- First ‘Young Bond’ Novel Title and Cover Art Revealed!
- Pussy Galore…make way for “Wilder Lawless”
- “Miramax Buys Rights to First Two ‘Young James Bond’ Novels”
- “No Laughing Matter”
- Charlie Higson Interviewed on Jonathan Ross BBC Radio 2
- 007 Fans Take Aim at IFP’s ‘Young James Bond’ Concept
- Ian Fleming Publications Announce New Series of “Young James Bond” Novels