This new, £700,000 car is no ordinary looking one. You wouldn’t expect just a bog-standard car for that price…would you? But you would really like to fork out the money and drive one of these for the following little extra’s it has installed:
- Laser Guided Grenade Launcher & Machine Gun on the roof of the vehicle
- Electrified Door Handles – as seen in Tomorrow Never Dies
- Smoke Screen, Oil Slick and Tack Dispensers
- Bulletproof Armour
- Blinding Head Lights – 300 Watt Halogen Bulbs
- A Computer Defence System, including Bomb Detection, GPS Tracking System, night-vision and a FingerPrint ID entry system
Still drooling over your keyboard? So you should be! Unfortunately, if you have the money to fork out on it – you won’t actually be able to get your hands on it.
The SmarTruck will be used to protect US Embassy staff from Terrorist attacks and kidnap.
The Engineers who developed it at the US Army’s National Automotive Centre were told to watch the Bond films for ideas on what defences to use.
Fan’s can see features from both Bond’s Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger and his BMW from Tomorrow Never Dies.
I wonder if it will remain in pristine condition…
Source: The Mirror