The Crime Writer’s Association announced the shortlist for the 2010 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Award at the Harrogate Literature Festival. As always, the winning author will receive £2000 and a handcrafted steel dagger based on the weapon used by Special Forces during World War II. Past winners include John Hart (2009), Tom Rob Smith (2008), and current Bond author Jeffery Deaver (2004).
Finalists will be announced on 9 August as part of the Official Specsavers Crime Thriller Season on ITV3.
The books shortlisted are:
- 61 Hours, Lee Child (Bantam Press)
- A Loyal Spy, Simon Conway (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Gone, Mo Hayder (Bantam Press)
- Slow Horses, Mick Herron (Robinson)
- The Dying Light, Henry Porter (Orion)
- Innocent, Scott Turow (Macmillan)
- The Gentlemen’s Hour, Don Winslow (Heinemann)
For further details regarding the Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Award and other CWA awards click here.